Sunday, January 13, 2008

Politics 2008

If you are the kind of person who loves unpredictable politics, 2008 is certainly your year.  This is the first presidential election in decades where there is no incumbent president or incumbent vice president running for election.

Regular readers of this blog will know that I generally support the Republican nominee, and I have been doing so for some years now.  But I would have to say that I am in a bit of a quandary about the candidates on my side of ballot.  Several of my favorite candidates have strengths, but they also have weaknesses.  It may be that we are seeing a reassessment of what issues are going to be important in the eyes of the voters this coming November.

So stay tuned for a very interesting election process to develop.  Everyone gets to be his or her own pundit.  Indeed, the professional pundits have been off the mark already in Iowa and New Hampshire.  I will offer more personal thoughts as the process develops.

One last thought—all of us will probably have an opportunity to vote in a primary or participate in a caucus.  Let me encourage you to do your part in electing the next president of the United States.

No comments: